30.4.08

Chapter 1

With summer practically here and Fall fast approaching, thoughts of school dance around in my head. wardrobes, activities, studies, && socializing...

all of this anticipating has reverted me back to the highschool daze,
the time when coolkids and nerds roamed the halls, when you were coordinating with your friends on what you were going to wear to the football game.
Way back when. A time you might remember just as recently as last summer [shout out class of 07]

but im not refering to then.
im speaking on the early/mid 90's. When id spend the days and nights with my old cousins[their highschool/college daze]. traveling to their football games, to their events && social gatherings. back when girls were rocking dookie braids and boys had those stonewashed jeans and chucks...

Hearing all the talk about HBCU's for the first time and all that they had to offer. All of the prestige. "Man i wanna go to a abcu" that was me. not really understanding at that time what Historically Black College/University education was all about. But loving all the benefits i reaped from it...family and friends so many years my senior.

wrapping up this one chapter in my life, and preparing [with full force] to begin this other one. i leave you with one of my favorite songs/clips from on of my all time favorite movies. Top of the list indeed




Stay Tuned
.rhayne a. coleman

No comments: